The School of Nursing, Owerri Admission Form 2020/2021 released online | School of Nursing, Owerri Admission form has been released for 2020/2021 Application, Requirements & Guidelines.
The Admission Management of the School of Nursing, Owerri has released the Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic year online. Applicants must obtain at least a D (4) in six subjects. In addition, they must have passes in 3 subjects, one of the passes should be Grade D or better at the ´A´ Levels.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for admissions into the School of Nursing, Owerri programmes for the 2020/2021 academic year.
There are various programmes available at the School of Nursing, Owerri and therefore the admission application forms are released in different intakes for prospective students.
School of Nursing, Owerri Application Eligibility.
The School of Nursing, Owerri admission application form/portal is open to all qualified applicants irrespective of color, race, ethnic identity, religion, gender or national origin.
Both Indigenes and Non-Indigenes interested applicants can apply for the School of Nursing, Owerri Application Form 2020/2021 provided he/she meet the School of Nursing, Owerri admission entry requirements.
School of Nursing, Owerri Admission Requirements 2020/2021.
To qualify for admission into the School of Nursing, Owerri, candidates must:
Posses 5 credits pass in the following relevant subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry from a conventional secondary school in not more than two (2) sittings.
How to Apply For School of Nursing, Owerri Admission.
Application forms can be obtained from the admissions office or the official School of Nursing, Owerri website.
Note – Once the School of Nursing, Owerri Intake Application is closed, new applications will not be submitted. So register now while the applications are still ongoing.
Download School of Nursing Entrance Exam Past Questions And Answers pdf Here
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
For more information and inquiries concerning this college, kindly contact the admissions office.
General Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria.
There are different categories of Nursing programs in Nigeria. jambadmission.org has published and highlighted the requirements for each of them also.
Requirements for General Nursing & Midwifery Education.
This is the first Nursing program available to all intending nurses in Nigeria. It takes a 3-year school program to achieve this. In the end, the student is awarded the title of Registered Nurse. The requirements include:
- SSCE certificate with a minimum of 5 credits that must include a science subject e.g (Biology, Chemistry and or Physics) and English language in not more than two sittings.
- Must be between 18-35 years before applying.
Requirements for Post Basic Nursing Education.
Students who finish as Registered Nurse and wish to further on will go for the Post Basic Nursing Education. This, after successful graduation, qualifies you to be known as “Registered Midwife” (RM). The requirements include:
- Must have obtained the qualification of “Registered Nurse”.
- Must meet up with the academic qualification and requirements of the admitting nursing school in Nigeria.
- Undergo a schooling/training of 1 year.
It is recommended that you simply get a high GPA’s in high school science since nursing largely depends on the application of scientific methodologies
Requirements For Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing Programme.
Candidates who wish to apply for this must meet up with the following requirements. They include;
- Must be a registered nurse.
- Must meet up with the admission requirements of the admitting schools of psychiatric nursing in Nigeria.
- Finally, must undergo 1-year full training/schooling.
Requirements For Bachelor Of Nursing Science.
To obtain the bachelor of Nursing science, an applicant must meet up with the following criteria and requirements.
- Must have at least 5 credits in SSCE including in subjects as English, Mathematics and other science subjects.
- Must undergo a 5-year schooling/training program.
- Afterward, the candidate must go for a compulsory 1-year internship program in a Registered Health care institution.
- Upon graduation, the certificates or award obtainable include: Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife, Registered Public Health Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse and B.Sc. in Nursing.
Requirements For Higher Degrees In Nursing.
Nurses who wish to pursue a higher degree in nursing must meet with the following requirements. They include:
- Meeting the admitting school’s entry requirements.
- Possible awards or certificates to be obtained include a Master Degree (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
Requirements For Professional Nursing Programs.
The requirements for this include:
- Must be a Registered Nurse/Midwife with at least one-year post-registration (working) experience.
- Must have a current practicing license.
- Also, the applicant must meet with admitting school’s requirements.
- The duration for this is 1 year. However, Anesthetist Nursing programme runs for a year and 6 months (18months).
- Obtainable certificate: certificate in nursing in the area of clinical specialization.
We understand that there are so many ways we can help you! Please use the comment section for your queries (Suggestions, Contributions, and Questions) regarding the School of Nursing, Owerri Application Form.
Don’t hesitate to like our social platforms in order to share, discuss & get the latest updates of the School of Nursing, Owerri.